Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Phil: Master of Astronautical Engineering

Internet is up and running at our new place, so stay tuned for a bunch of posts regarding the end of our time in Ohio and our new home in Virginia!

Phil graduated from AFIT on March 25. His parents were able to come for the ceremony, and then stayed to help us with the move. The night of Phil's graduation was very memorable - there was a torrential downpour, which made parking interesting and last minute hair and make-up adjustments useless.
It was also a night I will never forget because of my Phil's great accomplishment. The ceremony was very nice. It is always a little overwhelming for me to attend these culminating events. I think I get caught up in the day-to-day process of these things, and then all of a sudden I am sitting in an auditorium with a bunch of other people reflecting on exactly what happened during the past eighteen months. My heart swelled when Phil's name was called - Captain Philip Swenson!

Susie and I sat together to watch our husbands' big moment. She took some pictures - the lighting at the Air Force Museum is awful, though.
There's Phil walking in!

Shaking the General's hand after receiving his diploma.

Here a "where's Waldo" shot for you. All the graduates turned around to applaud their support staff. Phil is in the first row toward the left. Can you find him???

My Graduate and Me!

1 comment:

Heather Estridge said...

Congrats!

Another day of setting up and unpacking. :)