Saturday, October 10, 2009

Tukens Orchard and Farm Market

It was a beautiful fall day today, so we decided to go apple picking at a little farm near out house - Tukens Orchard and Farm Market. It was such a fun little place!

Adam inspected this apple for most of our time in the orchard. He had a couple of little bites and then proceeded to suck the juice out.
There was a petting zoo, which Adam enjoyed very much.
"Hello, Mr. Llama."
He really liked the baby goats...just his size.
We played in the little pumpkin patch. We'll probably go get our pumpkins next weekend.
I really like this picture for some reason, even though he isn't looking at the camera.
They had a store with lots of yummy treats as well as arts and crafts. I picked out this hand painted gourd. I'm pretty excited to incorporate it into my Thanksgiving centerpiece. Stay tuned...
I'm also going to try making an apple pie for Phil with the apples we picked today. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Nice! I love apple picking. When we went a couple years ago, Ray made us an apple pie. He's now on apple pie duty for the rest of his life. Add a little vanilla bean... thanks for sharing the cute photos!