Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Month Number Six...check!

Hi, everybody!  I'm six months old!  Can you believe it?

This month has brought so many changes with it for Adam and for our family.  He is such a fun little guy and we have lots to share with you.  We've noticed a big change in the way he plays.  I think Phil put it best when he said to me one day, "it's like he has a plan."  He definitely has a look in his eye like he knows what he wants to do and then he moves deliberately to do it.

He gets up on all fours now - all the time.  He rocks back and forth and sometimes will do a belly flop to move himself forward.  He looks so grown up to me when he does this!  I know all these pictures are pretty much the same, but I just love his faces in them, so you'll just have to look at all of them :)


Mom, why are you taking all these pictures?  Enough already!

Another HUGE development: he sleeps!  He has become somewhat of a napping fool, and it is wonderful!  This is his favorite position to sleep in: on his belly with his butt up in the air - hilarious! 

We've been working on solids for about a week and a half now.  He seems to like sweet potatoes much better than bananas.

He continues to be very social and meets new friends constantly.  Phil and I have been enjoying getting to know our neighbors, who also attend our church.  Their little boy was so excited to hold Adam - so cute!  Adam was pretty tired when this was taken, so he wasn't too smiley.  The best part was when Adam started to cry a little bit, Ethan turned to me and said, "Ok, you can have him back now."

He's also graduated to his "big boy carseat."  He was just getting too heavy for Phil and me to lug him around in his infant seat.  He seems to be ok with the switch.

We've been having so much fun!  Especially with him sleeping so much better, Phil and I have more energy during the day, more freedom to get together with friends, and more time to spend with each other.  We'll be taking our first family vacation together to California in June, so I'm sure we'll have lots to report after that!  We just can't believe how fast he is growing and changing!

4 comments:

Janelle Anderson said...

Oh my goodness...THAT IS SOOOO AWESOME TO HEAR!! I just knew one of these days that beautiful boy would figure out what made him sleep. Looks like the belly-butt-up did the trick! I'm soooo excited for you guys. I have family visiting this week but lets get together next week if you are around. :) BIG HUGS! Such a handsome boy...I love him and you guys too.

Sheri said...

He is so big! From the looks of it he must have passed Evan up even though he is younger!!! He looks like he is going to crawl soon too. My boys are slow on the crawling thing, Elijah was at 10 months and Evan hasn't gotten up on all fours yet at 7 1/2 months, so we'll see . . .

Every Day Gourmet said...

I am so glad that he is eating and sleeping so well for you! Whatever you are doing is working!!! He is such a sweet boy. I can't wait to see him try to crawl.

Susie said...

"He sleeps!"

Have more precious words ever been said? I think not.