Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dunked!

A couple of weeks ago, we got a family membership at the YMCA.  This may sound silly to you since we can use the gym on base for free, but I have three words for you: Free Child Care!  Or is "childcare" all one word?  Then I would have two words for you.  Either way it is a great deal and has made it so much easier for me to get back in the gym to shed some baby weight and just be healthier in general.  

Today, we took Adam swimming in the pool for the first time to see how he liked it.  He loved it!  He liked kicking his feet and being moved from side to side in the water.  He also was very interested in watching other kids playing in the water.

Phil tried to teach him the back stroke.  It may be a while before we let him try it on his own.
Mama and Adam.
I don't know why this one turned out so foggy, but I still like it.
I love this sequence of photos: Adam pre-dunk...
mid-dunk...
and post-dunk!
There is an outdoor pool by our house, and we are looking forward to enjoying that AND swimming in the lake at the family reunion in July!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dana- Adam is SO CUTE!!!!

Every Day Gourmet said...

I am so glad he liked swimming. That will be such a fun time for you this summer!

Sheri said...

Fun! We need to get Evan swimming. I have never dunked either one of them, I am guessing that they automatically hold there breath???