Sunday, April 10, 2011

Take THAT, Elmo!

Elmo has met his match! Adam recently discovered Thomas the Tank Engine and I don't think he's mentioned his former Main Monster, Elmo, for about two weeks. I can't say that I'm terribly upset - we were ready to move on.

I went to a consignment sale on Friday and was so pleased to find a starter set with two engines and a small track for a bargain. I snatched it right up (I was actually surprised no one had grabbed it yet).

Adam has gone through a lot of change lately, so I figured he deserved a little treat, so we gave him the trains yesterday and let me tell you, I now sort of understand how parents get addicted to giving their kids gifts. I wish I would have video taped it because I've never seen Adam get so excited about a gift. As soon as he saw the trains he lit up and started laughing. He then proceeded to play with them for over an hour! That's a lot of mileage out of just two engines and a caboose!

His little voice is so cute when he says "choo choo!"
Figuring out how to couple the cars together.

That little book on the floor off to the left is a little catalog of sorts that came with the set (how convenient, huh?) Adam has been "reading" it over and over looking at all the trains and accessories.

So excited!
(Yes, I taught him how to "say cheese.")

I also found this Thomas for $5.00, so I picked that up, too. It moves by itself when you push on the conductor's head.

We didn't want Clara to feel left out, so in honor of her two month birthday we presented her with her Sophie. Our family-friend Vergie sent Clara a brand new Sophie to call her own (Vergie also gave Adam his Sophie). She didn't totally get it yet, but she did smile when I squeaked the squeaker.

I wonder if she will love her Sophie like Adam did. Adam's Sophie logged a ton of miles locally as well as in the air and on the road traveling to at least four different states that I can think of. Hopefully she will be a little more careful and her Sophie will avoid being run over by a car. Only time will tell.

No comments: