Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sophie's Scare

Sophie earned some extra bragging rights and became a little more "well loved" during her time in Minnesota. She still goes everywhere with Adam, so she of course accompanied him on our walk around my parents' neighborhood. Imagine our dismay when we arrived home and discovered that Sophie had fallen out of the stroller sometime during our walk! If you read our blog often, you know how important Sophie is to Adam, so Grace and I jumped in the car and began retracing our steps to find her. We finally did find her face down in the middle of the road, about a mile or so from my parents' house. Thank goodness!

Poor Sophie!
She had been run over - perhaps more than once.
After a good soak and some serious scrubbing, she was back to looking her best. Adam loves her just the same, even though her squeaker no longer works. He was just so relieved to have her back. What a life this giraffe has had!

5 comments:

Becky said...

This reminds me of how first graders mail Flat Stanley's to friends and fam all over the country and they write about what adventures he has had with them. glad you found soph!

Susie said...

oh no, NOT Sophie!

Glad you found her in one piece!

I just saw a Sophie in a magazine, made me think of Adam :)

Janelle Anderson said...

I love this post! Nice recovery! Phew!!

The Mo's said...

oh my gosh, too funny. Glad you found her!

Unknown said...

Poor Sophie!!! Max lost one of his at the mn zoo...thank goodness we found her!
These boys both seem to love their lil giraffe friends!