Saturday, October 11, 2008

Make new friends, but keep the old - Book Club begins!


For me, the hardest part of moving is missing my old friends and having to start over with new ones.  It's exciting, but hard at the same time.  This time, an old friend, Shannon, made the process of finding new friends a little easier.  She introduced me to her friend, Susie, who was also moving to Ohio at the same time.  Susie and I had met for all of about 10 minutes, but when we reached Ohio, I was so thankful for her and the comfort and fellowship she was able to provide for me.  We have a lot in common, including a love for scrapbooking and reading, both of which have provided opportunities for us to hang out and become closer.  

Susie decided to start a book club at her house with some of the other girls we have met since moving here.  We had our first meeting on October 6, to discuss our first book, The Red Tent.  It was great fun and so nice to sit and chat with girls!  The book was a hit, and Susie made these cute bookmarks for each of us (showcasing her scrapbooking talents!) as well as some yummy treats.  We all seemed to click really well, and I am looking forward to growing new relationships in this group.

Here are some new friends: (back - left to right) Kelly, Ashley, Me, Janelle
(front - left to right) Susie, Catie, Rachel

Awesome bookmarks made by Susie!  They had our initials on the front...mine is the one with "d" on it.
Next month we are meeting at my house and are reading Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!  
Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana...so fun that you are connecting with other ladies...I love it!

Susie said...

I can't help but feel so thankful to have you in my life right now :P

Shannon thank you!

P.S> Good book choice this month I'm enjoying it!

Shawna said...

Dana, I just caught up on your blog! Welcome to the World is one of my favorite books ever. Let me know what you think!

Love,
Shawna