Sunday, October 12, 2008

Um Ya Ya!

For those of you who don't know, I am a proud graduate of St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN.  We are the only college that has a fight song in 3/4 time.  For those of you who don't know what that means...just know that it's pretty awesome.  Here are many Oles singing the fight song at the homecoming football game - we were losing terribly at the time.

Look at all the Um Ya Ya...


Phil and I traveled to Minnesota for my class's five year reunion, which was severely hyped and took place on October 3 and 4.  It was very cool to be back on campus with close friends.  By the end of the day Saturday, I was totally exhausted, but it was totally worth it.

We started by meeting in the Fireside Lounge, just like old times.  Here are Phil and me waiting for more friends to arrive.  Notice Phil sporting his Olaf gear for me that day!

Next we had lunch.  I love St. Olaf in the fall.  
Pictured here are left to right: Me, Shana, Steph, John, Beth, and Laura.

After the football game (I won't mention the final score), the class of 2003 headed to Jesse James Lanes for bowling.  I bowled one game, which proved to be a poor decision while 7 months pregnant - I was so sore afterwards!  Whatever, it was totally worth it at the time!
Here are Laura and me at bowling.  Notice the buttons on our tummies - they say "I'm a future Ole."  How cute are we?!  Laura is due with her second baby in April.

Phil, again, sporting his Um Ya Ya.

My favorite picture - Phil tying my shoes after bowling!  It's hard to reach them, ok?!

This is Old Main, an icon of St. Olaf and the oldest building on campus.  While a student, I had far fewer good feelings about this building because #1 it was the farthest walk from my dorm and #2 my spanish classes were here.  Now, however, I think it is beautiful and nostalgic.  This photo was taken by Shana...well done.


1 comment:

Susie said...

Your campus looks beautiful! So glad you had a nice reunion and shower and visit!