Sunday, October 12, 2008

Baby Swenson's Minnesota Party

On October 5, when Phil and I were back in Minnesota for the St. Olaf reunion, my friends Beth and Shana threw me and baby a shower at my mom's house.  It was a great shower and also so fun to see people while I was in town.  Baby and I felt very loved!

Here are the hostesses and me.
Left to right: Shana, Me, Beth.  They both went to St. Olaf with me.

All of the Olaf Girls (minus Rachel who had to leave early to catch her plane):
Laura, Shana, Me, Beth, and Steph.

Shana made this totally cute diaper cake.  It was way cuter than the ones they sell on line!  It was a hit and everyone thought she should go into business.  I think there were 85 diapers in the cake, along with lots of other cute things for baby.

Here is a close-up of the cake, along with the scrapbook page I made for the ladies to sign.
We had yummy food and a cute cake with moons and stars on it, just like in his nursery.  Shana and Beth had sweet touches like having the ladies sign birthday cards that will be sent to Baby for his first five birthdays. 

Thanks, ladies, for a great day for baby and me.  You are all awesome!
Back row: Alana, Aunt Beth, Mom (Ann), Jill, Pat, Libby
Middle row: Laura, Me, Beth, Mother-in-law (Peg)
Front row: Steph, Shana, Grace (my sister), Rachel, Nancy

2 comments:

Nicole Svendsen said...

happy shower day dana!!!

Janelle Anderson said...

So fun! Baby showers are great! Now we just need 4 year old showers..hehehe. I hope you are feeling well and I look forward to our next meeting. Hope school is well too!