Sunday, September 28, 2008

Young's Dairy Farm

Phil and I had one of our first Ohio excursions today to Young's Dairy Farm in Yellow Springs, Ohio.  This place was recommended by a friend of mine who grew up around here, and it did not disappoint--we had a great day!  

We headed straight for the petting area, and I made friends with this little goat.

The way he looked at me afterwards, however, told me he may have been more interested in the food in my hand than in being my friend...more please!
Phil gets up close and personal with the cows.  He tried to convince me that they were actually Appalachian Deer.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit how close he came to success.  He's so good!
A selfy shot on the hayride out to the pumpkin patch where we picked our own pumpkins.  Stay tuned for the pumpkin carving extravaganza!

Phil went a little crazy in the pumpkin patch...

Such a good husband carrying our pumpkins back to the car.  FYI mine is the big one on the left!  I had assumed we would share a pumpkin, but Phil decided that we should have our own, since his is going to be so much better than mine.  We'll let you decide when we post the pictures of them carved!

Other highlights from the farm were homemade ice cream and mini golfing.  It was such a fun day!

3 comments:

boo and stacy said...

This post makes me want to run out to a pumpkin patch right now!! wish we had a neat one here!! Can;t wait to see them carved!!!

Nicole Svendsen said...

i am on overload there are so many new posts all of a sudden...I love that you get to go to a real pumpkin patch...and yea for 30 weeks you are almost there. Enjoy your sleep the last few weeks,

Janelle Anderson said...

I want to go to the pumpkin patch...so fun! I love fall and I love you're belly. Too cute1