Saturday, October 25, 2008

Baby's Room

Many of you have asked to see what Baby's room is looking like these days, so I finally took a couple of photos.  It's pretty much ready now, minus a few things that still need to be set up. 

Here is the view when you walk in.  Please notice the curtain rod holding up the quilt.  It has little moons on the ends and is one of my favorite touches.  I know you all are very concerned about the cat.  We got off to a shaky start with the addition of the crib - she kept jumping in it!!  I can't blame her, it's a prime spot for cozy sleeping, but it will obviously not do.  We tried the tin foil thing, which caused her to proceed with caution, but she continued to go in the crib.  Our next step was to buy a Scat Mat, which is a plastic mat that gives off static electricity when you touch it.  It doesn't harm her, but just gives an uncomfortable sensation.  It only took a couple of zaps to do the trick, and she hasn't been back in since!  We'll still be very cautious when we add Baby into the mix, but right now we feel very relieved.  I highly recommend Scat Mats for expectant parents with cats.  The mat also works for training Grandmas...my mom got shocked the first time she went in the nursery!
His closet is around the corner to the left, you can't see it in this shot.

For this one, I am standing in the corner by the door to the closet.  The crib is on my left, off the camera.  You can see the wall hangings that Grandma Peg and I made while I was visiting MN, as well as the quilt on the back of the glider, made by my good friend from CA, Jen.  I love that Baby has many things around his room to remind him and me of people we love.
We're almost at 35 weeks, not too much longer!  The baby is head down and is sitting low in my tummy.  I'm very proud of him for doing his part to get ready for the big day!  

5 comments:

Susie said...

It looks lovely- you did an great job directing Grandma :)

Phil and Dana said...

Actually, I must credit Phil for most of what you see...Daddy put the crib and glider together and put up all the wall hangings - with my expert supervision of course :)
Grandma helped with washing sheets and clothes and putting everything away in closets and drawers - again with excellent supervision by me!

Nicole Svendsen said...

it looks just great!! Siena has that same crib!

Unknown said...

Don't worry too much about the cat. Ours wouldn't get out of it before be was born but now the won't go near it.

Helen said...

I love the wall hanging - it's beautiful.

I am holding a nursery pictures contest on my site until Jan 2009. Come over and enter!

Enter here

You can win a $75 gift certificate from PinkTaffyDesigns if you win and your baby's room will be featured on my home page.