Sunday, June 26, 2011

St. Olaf Choir Centennial Reunion and Surrounding Activities

Warning: This post is oozing with UM YA YA. You fellow Oles will be loving it. Everyone else...you've been warned.

The St. Olaf Choir is celebrating its centennial anniversary this year, and in honor of that all the alumni were invited back to sing in a centennial concert. Singing in the choir was one of the most memorable experiences of my life, so I didn't want to miss the opportunity to return to The Hill and sing.

The weekend was a whirlwind - saw so many friends, went to rehearsals, and spent some good time walking around St. Olaf, a place I love so much.
It was a little crazy trying to juggle two young kids while doing all of this, so I took only a couple of photos. I was too busy getting in my visit time when I could and showing off Adam, Clara, and Phil to lots of old friends.

If you are interested, you can CLICK HERE to see some photos of the events as well as video of the concert. The current St. Olaf Choir sings first, so if you want to see just the Centennial Choir (about 800 singers!) you can fast forward to 90:55.

It was so great to sing for Dr. A again. I underestimated how good it would feel and how much I miss really singing like that. The picture below is very poor quality since the lighting was low, but it shows a special part of our rehearsal. Dr. Jennings (Dr. A's predecessor) came to the podium and directed us for Beautiful Savior. As you can see, he couldn't quite actually make it up to the podium, but it was still really cool. He directed the piece during the concert as well.

This was both Adam and Clara's first time on campus and it was so fun to see them running around (or in Clara's case riding in the stroller) this place I love.
My two future Oles.

Adam already has the UM YA YA.
I also got to co-host a baby shower for my good friend Beth (also an Ole Alum, so it goes with the theme). We're so excited to meet Baby in August!
Here are some friends chatting. It is so rare that we all get to be together, so this was a special gift.

Clara got to meet her friend Marla (Shana's daughter). They had their first snoozer together (Marla is in the pack and play).

The spread.

The Mama-to-be opening a homemade blanket from Sara.

How many mamas does it take to figure out a Moby wrap???

No comments: