Monday, July 4, 2011

Family, Friends, and A Really Big Fish

We were so thankful for some time with Grandpa and Grandma Swenson while we were in MN. Not only did Adam have a blast with all the yard space to run in and animals to look at, Grandma and Grandpa made it possible for me to attend all my rehearsals and the concert - a win for everyone! Since I was at St. Olaf a lot during our stay in Albert Lea, I didn't get many pictures of the fun being had, but I heard there was a lot of it going on. Adam got to go help stock the food shelf with Grandpa and he had great fun playing this game in the front yard...

It may look like soccer, and it may have actually started off as soccer, too. However, Adam started changing the rules and it soon began to resemble dodgeball. I don't know if anyone but Adam really knew what was going on.

On to the "Friends" part of the post. Unfortunately, my mom and I both got really sick while we were up in Burnsville, which severely limited the number of friends we got to see. BOO! We did get to see Kitty and Eleanor, though. I was really glad, especially since we missed them at Christmas. I feel like this picture is a flash into the future. Old couple just sitting in their recliners...

Clara got to meet Marla and they really hit it off. I'm glad she already seems to easily make friends :)
I know what you're thinking. Right about now you're thinking, "Wait a minute, I was promised a Really Big Fish in this post." Well, here it is.
Courtesy of the Minnesota Zoo.

No comments: