Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Some Advice...

A word to the wise: Don't take your kid to the Children's Museum in the middle of Christmas break.
My mom and I were so excited to take Adam here - we didn't really consider the million other moms and grandmas who would be looking for a place to set their crazy children free mid-week during Christmas vacation. Adam had a blast, don't get me wrong. He loved running around and exploring all the different things. The adults, however, were pretty overwhelmed by the enormous number of psycho kids running around. (Not MY kid - my kid is never psycho, right?) Being extremely pregnant, I was actually really proud of myself getting out of there without killing anyone. I will say, though, that I loved watching Adam as he thoroughly enjoyed himself and made lots of new discoveries.

There were two clear highlights for him. One was the turtles. He started off tentatively...

but then got to be good friends with this turtle.

His other favorite was the water exhibit, of course. He was pretty soaked from the waist up by the time we moved to a new area.
I think these two are discussing strategy in this shot.


Aside from those two highlights, he also liked the room that had all kinds of real-life venues set up.
He carefully selected his items in the grocery store.

Then, he obediently paid his fare on the bus.

It was a fun time, but next time I think we'll go on a school day!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Good idea! We let Ethan "play hooky" once so we could go to Boonshoft with Ryan's parents on a school day... we had the place to ourselves!Going to places like that just gets more and more fun every year!

Janelle Anderson said...

We just had the same kind of experience at our museum on MLK Day...it was NUTS! Glad you braved it, hope you are feeling good.

I need your address...again! Sorry to be a pain!

Miss you.