Monday, December 6, 2010

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! (Translation: Rockapella - this time I brought my camera!)

Rockapella must love me just as much as I love them. Shortly following every move we have made, Rockapella has scheduled a concert right by our new house! So, Phil and I made our way to our seats on December 3rd with great excitement and anticipation. They were doing their holiday show, so we got to hear all their Christmas awesomeness.
You can visit a previous post to read about Rockapella and my intense love for them. You can also read about how I LEFT MY CAMERA AT HOME, which was particularly traumatic because we got to meet the guys after the concert. Don't worry, though, they were signing stuff again after the show - and this time I brought my camera.

A couple of shots of the guys in action. As you can tell, I still need to learn how to use my camera with different types of lighting (Susie, help!). This is the best I could do:

For those that care, the guy on the far left is Steve Dorian. He is the "new guy" who replaced Kevin Wright in January. He's good, but I miss Kevin.

Last time I met them, in teenage-girl-style, I was so excited that I forgot everything I wanted to say to them. This time, I played it cool and actually talked to them.

Best photo ever!!! I wish Phil could have been in it too, but he was so sweet to be my photographer for the big moment to make sure the picture was how I wanted it.


1 comment:

Susie said...

Yea for you! But I think the best picture ever is the pre-Cracker Barrel shot of you, Shanland and me. I mean, I might be biased, but just my 2 Cents.

BTW, The best luck I've had with stage lighting is turning the camera on Manual and using spot metering and AWB. I know that doesn't mean much, but it works!
S