Saturday, August 14, 2010

Totally Trucks!

Friday was the day, it had finally arrived! Totally Trucks had been on our calendar for about a month, and I had been hyping it to Adam nearly every day. Adam is REALLY into trucks, and diggers particularly, right now, so I was so excited to take him to this event. It was a bunch of different kinds of trucks pulled into a parking lot, and kids could get up real close to them and sit in them. The diggers were even MOVING!!!

He was raring to go. "Come on, Mom, stop taking pictures and LET'S GO!"

As far as Adam was concerned, they should have just called it Definitely Diggers instead, because he just wanted to watch them the whole time! The drivers were really getting into their day of fame, I think. This driver was the best - he would pick up some dirt, bring it way up in the air, and let it all drop back to the ground. He was a hit!
It was serious business. The lines for sitting in stuff were really long, but Adam didn't even care. He just wanted to stand by the diggers. I took him over to the firetruck at one point, but he just grabbed my hand and led me back over to the diggers!
Adam's friend and fellow truck lover Ian was there as well. I wish you could see Ian's face, but I still think this is pretty funny. Ian was so nice and trying to share his hard hat with Adam. Adam, however, was like "Dude, cut it out. I'm trying to watch the diggers."

When we got home, he was excited to put on his hard hat and color in the truck coloring book that he got at the event.

The hat is also good for playing peek-a-boo.
Where's Adam?

Peek!

No comments: