Friday, August 6, 2010

Adam's Blanket

My good friend Jen made Adam a quilt before he was born. Here is a flashback of me opening it at my shower in California.


The blanket has been draped over the back of the rocker in Adam's room since he was born. He played on it a couple of times when he was very small, but for the most part, it's been on the chair.
Up until a few nights ago, Adam has never attached himself to any particular stuffed animal or blanket. BUT - on Monday night, I was putting Adam to bed and he pulled the blanket of the chair and brought it over to his crib. So, I put it in there with him. He spent about 30 seconds getting it all laid out straight, then put his head down on it, smiles, and closes his eyes.
I came back later to sneak a photo...

Since then, Adam has slept with the blanket every night (each night laying it out just as carefully), carries it with him sometimes when we are upstairs, and has also been sleeping later in the morning (8:00). I don't know if it's connected, but it's a mighty fine coincidence.

It's so sweet that the blanket now means just as much to Adam as it has to me all along. Thank you, Jen!

No comments: