Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hard Core

We've been doing some landscaping out front - another novelty of owning our house. We're pretty pumped. Unfortunately, I didn't really take any before pictures, so I'll just show you some random shots that kind of show the front of the house too. No one had done any work outside in a long time, so everything was just really overgrown and too big for the house.

You can see how that bush is eating the flag, and our cute little porch is totally engulfed by the bushes in front. BUT, I love our tree when it's flowering!

The tree shrubs on either side of the house are actually growing into it - not for long!

Considering I didn't technically even know what a branch cutter looked like before this morning, I think I'm pretty hard core.

The aftermath.

Look what my hard core cutting revealed! I was so sad to have to remove this little nest AND eggs from its home. I wish I would have noticed it before I started - I may have spared this bush until the eggs hatched.

Now, THIS guy is HARD CORE! Look at that stump! It was an epic battle.

Hard Core.

I'll show you more pictures when we get new stuff planted. It's going to be great!

No comments: