Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our Trip to Wegerzyn

Grandma and Grandpa Swenson were visiting over Labor Day weekend, so we took them to Wegerzyn Gardens, one of the parks near our house. It was a beautiful day - the gardens are beautiful and so peaceful. We saw many different plants and flowers and some of the biggest bees I've ever seen! Don't worry, no bee stings! Seeing all the interesting plants had Phil and me discussing our future landscaping plans.

At the entrance. There are some cute little orange flowers in the very front that you can't really see, but I really liked the detail they added.
Check out the spikes on the leaves of this plant! Phil is letting me know that this plant is NOT a good candidate to use for toilet paper when out in the woods. Thanks Phil!
This is cool. For their protection, these guys fold up when you touch them.
This is the exact same branch as in the photo above, but it has been touched so all the leaves are folded in. COOL!
My favorite part of the day! I love watching Adam learn about and enjoy his environment. He loved the fountain in the children's discovery garden.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Yea! I'm glad you guys went and visited :) Wegerzyn is the best! (in all my Metro Park experiences, you know)