Monday, September 28, 2009

Matty Gets Married!

Matty is married! We traveled to Madison for Matty and Jess's wedding on September 18th. It was such a beautiful wedding - very elegant. It's so fun to be at weddings when the bride and groom are so in love and so right for each other. I'm so glad my brother had a wedding like that and I was honored to stand up for them on their day. These are just a few pics that people have posted on Facebook. I will post more when I get the real deal.

Matt and Jess Leibrock! Jess was seriously the most beautiful bride I have ever seen.

Adam was a GREAT traveler in the car. We stopped every few hours to let him eat and crawl around in the grass. He spent a lot of the trip asleep with Sophie.

Adam did so great we made it to Madison in one day! So, the next morning we had some free time before all the rehearsal excitement started. We visited the capitol - here are Adam and Phil up on the observation level. You can see the lake a little bit behind them.

Soon-to-be sisters! Grace, Jess, and I had some pre-wedding pampering. This picture was taken for Matty - his trademark "thumbs up!"

Here's me getting my hair done on the big day.

Jess and all her girls. It was so fun to get to know this bunch - really great girls.

Sisters! Grace looked so grown up. I was thinking about how she was a young girl in my wedding, and now a young lady in Matty's. It was very special to be in our brother's wedding together.

Cousins! We had a ton of fun.

Some of the previously mentioned fun. Matty and Jess had a photo booth at their reception - such a good idea! Claire, Shawna, McKenzie and I hopped in for some good times.

This is Adam with Jessica's dad, Tom. Tom had a little fun with Matty and my dad at the reception. He gave them cheeseheads in front of everyone (Their family is a Packer family. I know, gross.) So, Phil and I had to set things right by dressing Adam in his Vikings jersey at the gift opening the next morning.

The Leibrocks (both by blood and by marriage). I also want to take this opportunity to thank my amazing husband. With all my wedding obligations, I wasn't able to spend a whole lot of time with him and Adam. Phil was his usual awesome dad self and helped me so much by taking care of Adam so I could focus on Matty and Jess. Adam did great, but was a little overwhelmed by all the craziness and new people. I was happy to be back with my boys after the wedding!
The fam with my Aunt Linda and Uncle George. They have always been so supportive and drove up from Tennessee to attend the wedding.
Again, I will post more pictures a little later.
Congratulations, Matty and Jess! We love you so much and were so glad to be a part of your beautiful day!

No comments: