Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy 29 Years to My Husband!

Phil had his birthday on September 15! We had a few friends over to celebrate the 29th anniversary of his birth.

Here is the birthday boy with the special cake I made him.
I usually make him a cheesecake for his b-day, but decided this year I would try something different. THANK YOU to my friend Amanda for helping me use fondant for the first time. (PS, for all you golfers out there, YES I realize that there is no 29th hole. Work with me, ok? It's his 29th birthday.)
Blowing out his candle.
Happy birthday, Phil! I love celebrating YOU!

3 comments:

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Wow! How fancy! I watch those expert cake makers use fondant all the time on Ace of Cakes & Cake Boss, but never attempted it myself. Does it taste good?

The Mo's said...

That is such a sweet looking cake!!! Nice work.

Corrie said...

yeah it didn't just LOOK good either. It was delicious!!