Monday, May 14, 2012

Appreciating Teachers

Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week and we are SO thankful for Adam's wonderful teachers.  They have been a huge blessing for our family.  

Step 1: Make the cookies.
Adam has been so into cooking lately.  He likes it so much that he often doesn't want to be done.  The other day, we finished making a recipe for pulled pork and Adam said, "I want one more ingredient...Milk!"  It took me a while to explain that this recipe did not call for milk and that it would make it taste yucky.
Here he is with his favorite ingredient: eggs.  The first time he ever cooked with eggs we were making muffins.  I told him we needed two eggs, so he got two eggs out of the carton and tossed them (whole and uncracked) into the bowl with the flour and oil.  It was hilarious!  Now he knows that we have to crack the eggs before putting them in.
 Mmmmm..yummy cookies.  I am GOOD at cooking!
 Here is the rest of our gift.  Unfortunately, I cannot claim this idea for my own.  I found so many cute ideas on Pinterest that it was hard to choose - this one I stole from my friend Susie's board.  Thanks for doing the heavy lifting, Sus!  Lots of ideas for future years.
Adam and I talked about giving the presents on Friday morning.  On the way to school I asked him where we were going.  He said, "We're going to the Christmas Tree!"  I guess that's where he thinks presents come from.
I was so proud of him - he did a great job giving a present to each of his teachers along with a hug.

Thank you to all the teachers out there!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Lift away- I did! The ideas out there are so nifty, I love creative minded people!