Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Big 3-0

I turned 30 a few weeks ago and am just getting to post the pictures now. Did I mention how amazing my husband is? He is AMAZING. He planned this whole day of relaxation for me and it was wonderful. He gave me a sweet card in the morning with a schedule of events inside. I got to go to the spa BY MYSELF for three hours and get a massage and facial (my first ever). I came home to enjoy the afternoon with my family, and then Phil took me to the French restaurant that we went to for our anniversary last year - probably the best restaurant we have ever been to. It was such a special day.

The celebration didn't end there. Phil watched the kids for me so that I could have dinner out with some girlfriends. I have met another great group of girls here in Virginia - God is good! I am so thankful to have friends like these to spend my birthday with.
Clockwise from me: Tarah, Karina, Katie, Lauren, Anna, and Becka (with her sweet little girl)

We came back to the house after dinner for Dairy Queen cake (my favorite!!!). Phil went to pick it up for me and you can totally tell by the inscription "Happy Birthday Wife!"

Lauren helping me blow out my candles. Yes, I was caught a little off guard and am nursing Clara in the picture.

Thanks, everyone, for making my birthday awesome!

2 comments:

Nicole Svendsen said...

happy birthday Dana! You are so great at making friends wherever you go. That is no small thing.

boo and stacy said...

Happy Birthday Dana!! Glad you have so many great gals to celebrate your birthday with!! I see Anna in the picture. I had no idea you two were close in proximity. And Dairy Queen? I had no idea anyone other than southerners had Dairy Queen. YUM!