Monday, September 13, 2010

Virginia Beach

The Swensons made their much anticipated journey to the beach last week, and it was wonderful! Adam loved being with his Grandpa and Grandma and Uncle Matt, and learned all about the beach, sand, and ocean. I'm pretty sure he thought it was heaven.


Home...for a little while. Our rented beach house, named Ocean Treat, was perfect for us. The deck was the best part - nice and big and the slats were close enough together that there was no way for Adam to fall. He loved running around out there while we sat and enjoyed the scenery. We saw dolphins every day, and even caught them jumping a few times!
Matt and Phil did some boogie boarding.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a single picture of Adam in the ocean. The first day, the water was very calm, so he followed me right down there and stepped in. I had so much fun watching him laugh as the waves came up to him that I didn't want to leave to get the camera. He loved it!

The next day, however, the water was much more turbulent, and I think the noise made him a little nervous. I was sad, since he had so much fun the day before, but also a little relieved. It was a little nerve wracking with him always wanting to go in the water.

Phil and I didn't mind the waves, though.

Adam discovers sand. He had so much fun playing around and investigating all of its wonderful properties.

Especially with Grandma's help. Another popular activity was bringing the pail down to the water, filling it up, and then dumping the water into a hole dug in the sand.

By day 2, he was very comfortable with the sand.

Lots of fun on the deck. It was perfect for Adam.

Just lounging around enjoying his sips. It's good that Adam got a break from his grueling schedule back home.

Mama got some lounging time too :)

Adam needed a little rest with Mama after all that running around.

Cute sandy feet.

Thank you, Grandpa and Grandma, for a wonderful time at the beach! We miss you!

2 comments:

Heather Estridge said...

Awesome first picture of Adam - such a cutie. His hair looks like it is getting lighter too. I'm glad you got some lounging time in too :)

Janelle Anderson said...

Adam is so darn big and you are so darn cute! Phew...I think I said that right? teeheehee So fun to see you all! I love blogs.