Monday, February 15, 2010

A Bit of the Outdoors Comes Indoors

Adam was pretty surprised today when some of that fluffy white stuff we've been talking about so much here lately turned up in his kitchen. Adam loves snow, but is not too big on the cold, so I figured this was the best solution for this stir crazy mama and her boy while Daddy was out of town this weekend.

Workin' hard with all his "tools."

It was a bigger hit than I thought it would be, and kept him entertained for over an hour!

Mama was busy too. I thought about going to get some toothpicks for arms and digging up some other pantry items for a face, but I didn't want to get too out of control. Is it sad that I still want to do it? How cute would that be?! I know. Sad.

Everyone wanted in on the action.

And then we made this discovery...snow is cold - but edible!

Another fun day with my boy!

6 comments:

Susie said...

Awesome! And bonus, you didn't have to spend 40 minutes bundling him up!

I saw them do this on the news for a little boy with cancer at Miami Children's. It became his physical therapy for the day- genius!

Christina said...

What a fun idea!!! Love this and it looked like Adam enjoyed playing! :o)

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

I personally LOVE the idea. Now living in the Midwest, I have great appreciation for inside activities. :)

Every Day Gourmet said...

What a fun idea!

Janelle Anderson said...

I love this Dana...you're so smart! I need to do this for Axel. :) Oh, I have some great photos of Adam (and you) at our house. I'm a little behind in photos on my blog but they are coming soon. :) Hope you are well! Let's get together again soon.

Heather Estridge said...

How CREATIVE!!! Great way to get the little ones to enjoy the snow. I'm stealing this idea next time we get some fresh snow.