Friday, August 7, 2009

Showering Jess

I am excitedly anticipating September 18, because that is the day that Jessica will officially join our family! I am so proud of my brother and so thankful that he has chosen such a beautiful woman to bring into our lives. I've had so much fun getting to know her, and was so happy to honor her with a shower with the rest of the Vanden Boom women during our family reunion.

Matty and his bride-to-be.
The yummy dessert I made. I got this great and EASY recipe from my friend, Kelly. You can get the recipe by clicking here.
My mom and aunts made a beautiful arrangement of food, gifts, and party favors.
Everyone shared a recipe with Jess along with a memory of Matty. It was a great time with lots of laughs. Then it was time for gifts. Matty and Jess were very excited about their matching duffle bags.
Matty even got a couple of gifts. A saw from the Uncos.
He was so happy he got his silly (I mean awesome) hot dog maker from his sisters. Who else would buy that?
We are so excited for your big day, Jess! So glad you will be a Leibrock soon!

2 comments:

Nicole Svendsen said...

what a fun deck! Wish we had those in CA.

Unknown said...

Awwwwww Dana this was so sweet! I'm reading it at work and almost started crying. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!