Saturday, June 27, 2009

First Swimming Class!

Today was the day - first swimming class at the YMCA!!!  We had so much fun.  We didn't really know what to expect.  I mean cripes, he's only seven months old, but the teacher taught us lots of songs to sing while we moved him in the water and we blew bubbles and did simple exercises to teach him to love the water and how to move in it.  Adam was loving it!  

Here we are with the class.  Adam is the youngest, but he's also the most excited to be there, I think.  He was laughing during the silly songs and very enthusiastic about each thing we did.
Here we are singing the "reach and pull" song.  Adam is already very good at kicking his legs and moving his arms.
I don't know what my deal is in this picture, but whatever.  We're having fun, ok?!
Drying off with Daddy.  Adam was pretty ready for a nap after class was over.
I'll take some video in future weeks so you can see him in action!

3 comments:

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Let's be honest, your kid is happy to be doing anything it seems! What a wonderful reminder of how precious life is. He embraces it. That smile is contagious. Thanks for sharing the fun! ... those other swimmers have nothing on him! :)

Unknown said...

You're making a Mattie face in that picture Dana!!!

Megan Lockridge said...

Yea for swim class! I used to go to lessons with my mom at the Y when I was a little girl. What fun memories!