Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This New House

Many of you have asked to see pictures of our new home, so I took a few today.  I'll give you the grand tour...

Here is the front...pretty standard.  I think the blue Cavalier really adds a lot of class to the house.  We still have neighbors connected to us on either side, but it feels much more like a house than anything we've had before and has much more open space.  We heart it!

Here is what you see when you walk in the front door.  Excuse the cable running across the floor, we're still having some cable issues.  You can see a bit of the staircase on your left and the doorway to the kitchen in the back.  There is a door to the left (off camera) that leads out to the garage.
Here is the same room, but I'm standing in the kitchen looking the other way.
Here is the kitchen, complete with everyone's favorite cat!  The walkway to the living room is on the right, and you can also see the handle to the storage closet door.  It's really big and I love it.  The door on the left leads out to a little patio where our grill is.  There is also a play structure in our back yard.
Here is another view of the kitchen.  You can see the downstairs bathroom there in back and there is a door to the right of that, which leads into the laundry room.  Our washer and dryer arrive on Thursday!!!  Big day for Phil and me.
This is upstairs looking into the master bedroom.
Standing in the corner of the master bedroom.  The door on the right leads into the master bath.  Across from our room, you can see the door to what will be the baby's room.  I'm excited to finally start setting it up.  He has a lot of stuff already!
The guest room/office.
Looking out of the guest room/office.  You can see the landing hallway at the top of the stairs, a linen closet door, and into the master bedroom.
So, that's about it.  Things I like about my new house:
1. I can sit on my couch and NOT be able to see into every other room of the house.
2. Garage...it's still not a basement, but it's a big step up in the world for us.
3. Having a washer and dryer!
4. Being able to walk outside and feel grass between my toes.
5. Looking out my window and seeing a yard instead of my neighbor's living room, or worse, bedroom!
6. It's big enough that, sometimes, I don't know where the cat is.
7. This will be my son's first home.
8. My husband lives here.

6 comments:

Susie said...

I already feel like I've visited! My mom keeps asking me to do this- but when will my house ever be clean enough, I say?

Brandy Wilson said...

What a great idea Dana! I especially like #8! It's nice that you like your husband. ;) Thank you for the house tour. I like having visited Ohio.

Anonymous said...

your place is crazy huge! wow!

Nicole Svendsen said...

what a great home...so much space you wont know what to do with yourself.

Shawna said...

Hi Deeena! Beautiful house. How's the little beeber doing?

I'm not putting this said...

So nice. I am glad you put up pics so I know what it looks like. And yes, it must be nice NOT to know where the Poose is ALL of the time.