Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Celebrating Baby Swenson in CA


Again, I will say that I have been blessed with a great crowd of girlfriends in California.  This post is a little out of order, as my baby shower was on July 13, but I wanted to include it on the blog, since it was a great day for Baby Swenson and me.  
We have had a lot of fun throwing showers in the past-it's always a group effort, and this time I had the pleasure of being on the receiving end.  I was overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness of my friends!  

Unless you know me and how much I heart Taco Bell, this may seem a little weird to you, but it actually meant a lot to me that my friends know me so well and planned the perfect center piece.  One of the games was to guess how many sauce packets were in the vase!  Stephanie won this game....there were 510 packets, if you were wondering!  I found out that my friend Shannon went to the Bell every day for a week since she didn't want to feel like she was stealing the packets.  She ordered a taco every time.  
I was so glad that my mom, sister, and mother-in-law were able to make the trip from MN to attend the shower.  We had a great weekend of relaxation!  They are awesome!
Here are three of the beautiful ladies who planned my shower: Hollie, Angela, and Shannon.  Anna also helped, but didn't arrive until later since she was leaving for Africa the very next weekend!  
The girls had to guess how much toilet paper it would take to get around my belly.  Nicole is trying her strip on for size.  She ended up winning...almost perfect!  On the left is Jen (very into the game) and on the right is Megan. 
I got so many wonderful gifts!  This is one of my favorites, a quilt made by Jen!  

Thank you, girls, for giving Baby and me such a wonderful and thoughtful day that we will always remember!

2 comments:

Susie said...

Dana- I knew a gal in high school that was head over heels in love with Taco Bell and for the end of the year secret pal reveal ( we were cheerleaders), her secret pal had taken a pillow cover and made it into a taco sauce packet with puffy paint and had collected taco sauces throughout the school year and stuffed it full. It was so classic! Looks like your Bbay SHwoer was a wonderful day of celerbation! I can't wait to meet Baby S!

Nicole Svendsen said...

dana, i didn't know you had a blog...that is so great-now we can keep up with your growing belly:)