Monday, July 30, 2012

Livin' the Dream in CA: Part I "Pre Wedding"

My cousin Lauren got married in Half Moon Bay, California, on July 21.  Phil and I attended the wedding and then decided to make it into a little trip for the two of us.  Grandpa and Grandma Swenson came out to be with the kids at our house and we were so thankful - the kids had so much fun!  Phil and I had a wonderful time, spending the beginning of the trip with family and then spending the last part by ourselves.  It was a much needed retreat!

For the first three nights, we stayed in a beach house that Jessie found - it was brilliant!  Perfect for our fam and very close to the beach and the wedding venue.

Matty and Dad check the balcony to make sure it is safe for everyone.

There were some tense moments...

There are some good sports in this photo, I tell ya.  I made them patiently (or not-so-patiently) wait to dig into a yummy dinner just so I could take this picture of all of us.  Worth it, right???
Thursday night dinner - cooked at the house.

 We were included in the rehearsal dinner, which was at a restaurant right on the water with a beautiful view.  It was great to see some cousins, aunts, and uncles.  I love my children, but it was wonderful to be able to just sit and have real conversations with these people.
Here I am with the very beautiful and very soon-to-be bride.  Lauren is older than me by just four months, so we have a lot of cousin history.  I heart her.
 
 Speaking of cousin history...here are two more of my favs.
Claire, Shawna, Me
The brother and sisters!
 

Much more fun to be had on this trip...more posts coming very soon!

No comments: