Thursday, June 14, 2012

Porch Beautification: It's Coming Along

My latest mission has been to get our porch looking a little prettier.  I've always wanted a house with a beautiful front porch and rocking chairs.  While our porch now is a little smaller than my ultimate vision, I still think I can beautify it.  Step one was the wreath.  I did the patriotic wreath for occasions, but I wanted one for everyday use.  So, off to Pinterest I went and here is what I came up with...

This idea totally stood out to me and it was so great to be able to choose exactly the colors I wanted.  Of course, if your address is longer, you may want to use smaller numbers.

THEN, I found this idea for tiered flower pots and, again, was so excited that since I was making it myself, the colors would match perfectly.


So, here we are so far.  Next up is power washing the porch to see what I can do about that ugly mysterious design that has been stained into the porch since we moved in.  Have no fear, if it doesn't come off with power washing, I already have an idea for a super cute door mat to put over it.  I also have been entertaining ideas of painting the porch.  Time will tell.  Oh the excitement!!!  Stay tuned  :)


1 comment:

auschick said...

I love your wreath. I need to do something like that. We constantly get our neighbor's 11pm pizzas delivered to our house :-/.