Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gill

We visited the pet store, or "The Free Zoo" as I like to call it, a week ago. Turns out it wasn't so "free" this time. Adam was so excited about the animals, that we decided to go ahead and take the plunge. Don't worry, we started out with a pretty shallow fish bowl for a betta fish that Adam picked out himself.

Introducing...Gilbert (we call him Gill for short).
I tried to get Adam to pick the blue one, but he was pretty set on this red one.

I waited a week to post this because I was afraid he would die right away. How sad would that have been? But, I am proud to report that he is still alive and swimming. I'm also a little surprised. Adam is very interested in Gill, which doesn't really work out that well for Gill. I'm sure Gill would much rather live a peaceful life without an adoring three-year-old peeking in on him (and trying to hold him!).

For example...

The proud fish owner!

I must admit that I felt like I had taken a new step in motherhood as I prepared the fish bowl. It seems like such a "Mom" thing to do for your kid.
Thanks for joining us, Gill. I feel it is also appropriate to wish you...Good Luck!

1 comment:

graceandme said...

Lovely photos, how's Gill settling in. I'm thinking of getting a goldfish for my daughter Grace and you've inspried me, thank you.