Monday, January 16, 2012

If He Builds It, She Will Bathe: Master Bath Reveal!

It's finally time for the big reveal!!! Phil has been building me a new bathroom and it is magnificent! He did every speck of work himself (with some much appreciated help from friends and family) and I could not be more impressed and proud of him. Yes, I'm bragging up my husband right now, but he deserves it.

Here is the old bathroom. Perfectly functional, but "builder's grade" everything and nothing special. (PS, this photo is from the listing. We did have some golden rod paint on the walls and a navy shower curtain, but unfortunately, I forgot to take a "before" shot myself.)

Hopefully you can tell from the vantage point above that the door used to be all the way to the left in the corner of the master bedroom. Phil moved the door so that you would be entering the bathroom in the middle of the room, instead of on the far left of the room, which opened up some more layout options. I wish I would have taken some "during" photos because Phil literally had the bathroom stripped down to the studs, and he moved around all the plumbing and electrical himself.

Here's the new view as you walk into the bathroom!

Phil has always wanted a frameless glass shower with a shower head tall enough for him - and now he's livin' the dream!

I have always wanted a nice deep tub with a ledge for my glass of wine, candle, and book - and Phil made sure I would have it! He even sacrificed some space in the shower so I could have my tub. It has been such a relaxing place for me at the end of the day.

Featuring the tub.

Did you notice the window treatment? Yes, that was my contribution - I made it myself!


Here is the other side of the room with the vanity.
I can't believe how great it turned out. Phil had the vision all along, but I admit I was a bit skeptical at first (which may have been due to a giant whole being knocked through our master bedroom wall???) But now I see the vision and couldn't be happier. Thank you, Husband!!!
With each new project, large and small, I feel like we make our house more "ours" and grow to love it more and more.

3 comments:

KT said...

Looks AWESOME! I bet you are thrilled!

Krista and David Hart said...

Wow Dana and Phil! The bathroom looks amazing and so professional! Nice work!!!

Nicole Svendsen said...

wow!!! Nice work you two. Looks great.