Wednesday, December 9, 2009

In case you're curious...

Some have asked to see what our house looks like for Christmas, so I thought I'd put up a couple of pics. Our camera is officially DEAD (yes, in all caps), so I didn't get any pics of Phil chopping down our tree. These pictures were taken with our video camera, so they aren't the best, but you get the idea.

Here is our tree. We agree that it's the best one we've ever had! We had so much fun going to Yellow Springs to chop it down with Grandpa and Grandma Swenson while they were here visiting. Adam is a big fan of the tree and has learned the word "Christmas Tree." He waves to his Elmo ornament before going to bed at night.

I decided it was time for some new stockings (except Pooser, hers is the same). I'm really excited about these! Phil and I still get a little weirded out that ours say "Mom" and "Dad," but it's also pretty cool.

I also put up the nativity scene and I've had a lot of fun showing it to Adam and telling him about Baby Jesus - the real reason for all this decorating. Luckily, Pooser has left the nativity alone so far. In years past, she has made it her mission to knock Baby Jesus out of the manger!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Great decorations! Super cute!

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Love those stockings! My brother and I used to take baby Jesus out of the manger and hide him. My mom finally got smart and glued him down. No more stealing baby J.

Janelle Anderson said...

I love Christmas. Thanks for the photos. We are weak on the decorations this year seeing we will be in Oregon for so long. Oh, LOVE the Elmo cake...SOOOO cute! And another thing, those cookie bars I called you about: DANGEROUS! I think I hate half the batch myself. I gave some to my folks and the trash guy and now they are gone...thank goodness. So delish!