Friday, September 30, 2011

The "Yake"

We're about to visit MN again for our cousin Miranda's wedding (can't wait!), so I need to get this post done - covering our last trip to MN. We visited MN over Labor Day and had a fabulous time. I came with the kids and stayed for about a week with my parents, and then Phil joined us for a long weekend up at The Lake ("Yake" as Adam says) in Hayward, Wisconsin. I miss being at The "Yake." It was so great to relax a little bit and see some of my favorite people. These are just a few highlights from our time.

Phil and Matty found this ladder ball set in the garage and tried it out until the mosquitoes (MN's state bird) got the best of them.

The action shot.

Clara spending some time relaxing with Aunt Paula. I was so thankful for my mom and her sisters. They watched the kids a lot so Phil and I could play and have some relaxing time.

Marble Works! Adam was fond of this make-shift hat.

I don't know who was having the most fun with this...

Adam says, "Ready, Set, Go!"

Great fun had by all.

Why is Phil so sad???

Take a closer look at the glass. The cousins went out to this little bar in town to hang out one night. It was disgustingly adorned in Packer crap - we did not approve. I know, I know, what can you expect when you're IN Wisconsin. Still, it made us throw up a little bit.

We still managed to have a fun time. I got to have my first cheese curds in quite some time - they don't "get" cheese curds outside of the REAL midwest.
Cousins! Love these people. (We were missing cousin Claire)

Adam was thrilled to go on the boat.

He insisted that he wanted to go in the water. Big thanks to Claire for going in with him - such a trooper! It was a little too cold for Mama to take the plunge.

Once Adam realized how chilly it was, he was in the mood for a good cuddle with Mama.
Phil tried out windsurfing and did a great job. He also got to go kayaking - FUN!

This is a little embarrassing...

Having some fun with Aunt Bethy. I'm not totally sure what this game was all about, but it was fun.

Bye bye, Yake. See ya next time!

No comments: