Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Really???

So, like I said, we've been doing a bunch of home improvement, particularly on the main floor. We're trying to get it all done by Thanksgiving, when my parents and sister come out. We love our house a lot, but as many of you have probably experienced, when you start to dig beneath the surface to remodel, you often find some curious things. We have had many moments when we discovered some interesting choices made by previous owners, causing us to just look at each other and say, "Really???"

You'd think we'd be used to it by now, but the latest one really had us going. We redid the bathroom on the main floor (new paint, new fixtures, new toilet). Before we actually bit the bullet and bought a new toilet, Phil wanted to see if the old one was salvageable (it had been leaking and discoloring the tile).

He comes in from the garage and says, "Look what I found in the tank of the toilet." I wasn't sure I really wanted to look, but I was NOT expecting this when I turned around.

Really???

Yeah, that glass (actually a very nice glass) was sitting in the tank of the toilet. We later discovered that it was actually serving a purpose - holding down a valve or something.
I'll let you know if we go to knock out a wall and find buried treasure or anything like that.

2 comments:

Dad L. said...

Love the shirt. When did you get that??
Dad L.

Just Jess said...

I can't wait to see all of the changes! See you in 5 days!!!!