Monday, April 27, 2009

Home Improvement

This weekend, we did some home improvement.  We've been talking about planting outside for a while, since it's something we both enjoy.  I'm glad Phil is around, though, as I know nothing about plants.
  
Phil started by weeding the little area in front of the house and putting in some new soil.  He planted seeds for some petunias, marigolds, and zinnia.
Adam supervised from his spot in the shade.  I think he wanted to play in the dirt.
The finished product!  We also went and got edging stones and put those in, along with the stand and plant by the post.  I'll take more pics when the flowers (hopefully) start to grow.  Phil will have to watch me so I don't somehow kill them :) 
We also got some curtains for Adam's room to make nap time a little easier.  It's getting dark later now, which is great, but that means it's still pretty light out for his 8:00-8:30 bedtime. 
We had great fun, but I think it made us even more excited to buy a house so that the changes we make are ours.  We half jokingly/half seriously talked about digging up the edging stones and taking them with us when we move.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Take the bricks with you- I dare yOU!