Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Adam's First Week

Adam was born one week ago!  It has already gone so fast.  Here is our little man:

You can see how big he is compared to my Care Bear.  I got this bear when I was three years old, and now it is in Adam's room.

Some things you might like to know about Adam at one week:
1. He likes riding in the car and his stroller.  
2. He slept in his crib for the first time last night - Yay!  He still prefers to sleep in someone's arms, but is making good progress.
3. He is gaining weight well.  He weighed 8 lbs. at birth, 7 lbs. 7 oz. when we left the hospital, and 8 lbs. 4 oz. today.
4. My mom showed me a fun trick yesterday.  She held him while he was looking up at her and we both started talking to him.  He turned his head right over to me - he knows his mama!
5. He had his first shampoo today and didn't mind it at all!  He still hates having his diaper changed, though. 
6. He is perfect.

2 comments:

Janelle Anderson said...

I love the photos and tidbits about Adam. I can't wait to meet him, what a baby doll. Hope you're getting in some little naps. :)

Kelly said...

Congrats, Dana! He is beautiful!! You look like a natural at the whole motherhood thing. :-) Enjoy his newborn-hood! It goes by fast (for me that was something I was thankful for during those sleepless months). Welcome, Adam!!!